Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Second Go Around...

Hello,

I know it has been a while since I last posted, but don't worry I have been creating and actually jotting down the ingredients on most of my newest creations.
Today I thought I would revisit an item from my Thanksgiving menu which was the "Roasted Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Pineapples".  Why, you may ask?? Well I made them again and they were so good that I actually remembered to take a photo of them and wanted to share them with you guys just in case you wanted to make them for "Christmas".  They would go great with a nice roasted "Spiral Ham".  YUMMY, my mouth is watering already for it.
"Roasted Glazed Sweet Potatoes with Pineapples"




INGREDIENTS:
SWEET POTATOES OR YAMS
PINEAPPLE
VANILLA
BROWN SUGAR
MELTED BUTTER
SALT

First you would need to peel your sweet potatoes or yams, I personally don't see a difference.  Cut them into cubes not to small and rinse them well to get the dirt off, no one likes grit.  Drain the potatoes as much as possible any extra water would ruin the roasting affect.  Cover the potatoes with vanilla, salt, brown sugar and melted butter.  This recipe works best with fresh pineapple but canned is fine if its all you have.

To clean a fresh pineapple it is best to first chop off the top and the bottom.  Stand the pineapple up and slowly cut down the sides of pineapple trying to keep to the shape of the fruit.  I will add a how-to video on how to cut pineapple soon, be on the look out for it.  If you have what I call eyes left on the sides of the pineapple, this means you didn't cut deep enough.  It is best to remove the eyes (brown pieces left from skin), before eating the pineapple.  Use a small paring knife to do this.  After the skin is removed stand the pineapple back up and cut down the center.  This will give you two half's.  Take one of the half's and cut down the center of that.  Once you have four pieces you have to then remove the core, which is the hard center of the pineapple.

If you take a good look at the color difference of the pineapple you can tell the difference between the core and the pineapple, use your knife and cut out the core only.  After removing the core lay the pineapple down, center side down because it is flat which makes it safe.  Now cut the pineapple into the appropriate sizes, I like them to be a little smaller than the sweet potatoes.  Toss everything together and place them in the oven, 400Fdegrees for about 30 minutes total.  Tossing every 10 minutes until they are done.   I hope you enjoy them as much as I did, I can still smell them and taste them they were so good.

Mo

2 comments:

  1. OMG Yummy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! This sounds so amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh it was. I surprised myself with this batch!! Ate one sweet potato, one pineapple, one sweet potato, one pineapple, etc. Just couldn't stop myself! =)

    ReplyDelete