Thursday, February 9, 2012

Quick Cacciatore

Hi,

Do you like "Chicken Cacciatore"?  I like it, but I like most chicken dishes.  I think I could eat chicken everyday.  Usually when you have Chicken Cacciatore its usually with chicken that is still on the bone.  This recipe I made is quick and in a hurry, but just as tasty.  I like to use boneless skinless chicken breast. 
"Chicken Cacciatore"
First I like to trim any extra fat off of the chicken breast and season it with dried basil, fresh garlic, salt, pepper, and olive oil.  Get a frying pan nice and hot and brown your chicken to a nice color.  Once it is browned place it in the oven 400F degrees and finish cooking for 10-15 minutes until it reaches 165F degrees or higher.  Not to high or you will have dry chicken.  While your chicken is cooking in the oven I like to add to the same frying pan the following items to make the sauce: sliced mushrooms, onions, green peppers and chopped garlic.  Saute all the vegetables and add a splash of white or red wine to deglaze the pan.  When you deglaze you remove any of the brown that was stuck to the bottom of the pan from browning the chicken, it has plenty of flavor.  If you don't like to use wine you can also deglaze with chicken broth or a splash of water.  If you do choose to use wine be careful because the alcohol could catch fire and burn off in the pan.  Once this is finished deglazing add canned tomatoes and fresh or dried basil.  Simmer the sauce until it reaches a nice consistency and all the vegetables are tender. 

"Chicken Cacciatore"
I like to add a little sugar to this dish when ever I use canned tomatoes to cut the bitterness, but just a little. Check for salt and pepper and adjust it as needed.  Now that the sauce is ready and the chicken is out of the oven it is time to put the two together.  I like to add the juice that comes off of the cooked chicken to the sauce as well.  More flavor the better.  Place the chicken on your plate and spoon your sauce over it.  YUMMY!!!! Wishing I had some right now.  This dish would taste good being served with some steamed green beans and either some spaghetti noodles sprinkled with Parmesan cheese or some creamy mashed potatoes.  Okay I'm getting very hungry now..............................................
I hope you enjoyed

INGREDIENTS:
BONELESS CHICKEN BREAST
SLICED ONION
SLICED MUSHROOMS
SLICED GREEN PEPPERS
GARLIC (FRESH OR DRIED)
BASIL (FRESH OR DRIED)
CANNED TOMATOES
OLIVE OIL
SUGAR
SALT AND PEPPER

Mo








No comments:

Post a Comment