Monday, November 14, 2011

Prepare Prepare..

Hello,

We are getting closer and closer to the family feast. "YIPPEE!!!"  My only suggestion to make this day doable with as little stress as possible is to "PREPARE".  This week would a great time to start your preparations.  Decide how many family and friends you are allowing to dine on your feast.  The more the better I always say!!  So once the list of dinner companions are decided, now it would be a great idea to start preparing the home.  Clean anything you won't feel like cleaning next week because next week is food preparing time only.  If you use special platters and dishes for this day like I do, this is the week to get those things out and cleaned.  If you wash and wrap your platters and dinner plate stacks in plastic wrap,  they will remain dust free for next Thursday.   This week I am also making a list of all the foods I wish to make for our Thanksgiving meal.  While I am looking at the grocery store fliers for sales I am purchasing anything that is needed that is on sale, with the exception of fresh green vegetables.  Saving cash is always important to me, even when feeding many people.  You never have to break the bank when you want to feed your family.  

THIS WEEKS SUGGESTIONS:
1. Make list of family and friends 
2. Start cleaning 
3. Clean and wrap dishes for the day
4. Buy anything on sale
5. Plan your meal on paper

3 comments:

  1. Hey MONIQ! Lovin' the blog - keep it coming! We go home on Sunday - sorry I missed you. Hope to see you next trip. So far we have 29 guests coming to our place for Thanksgiving Day. We could have as many as 50 though! Can you believe that? We are making two 20lb deep fried turkeys, stuffing, mac n cheese, great grandma's corn pudding, mashed potatoes and gravy, and a pecan pie. I may do a second pie or possibly a cheese cake but the others are bringing some sides and desserts so I will see what they all sign up to bring and go from there. Gobble Gobble!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hey Suzy Q I was looking forward to seeing you guys and that adorable baby of yours, but I knew this was not a social meeting so I won't take it personal. Thanks so much for signing up for my blog I am glad you guys like it. I thought about it for a while and now I am really enjoying myself. 29 maybe 50 guests? Now that is what I am talking about when I say more is better but WOW. So far it looks like we are having about the same things for our dinner table. I was surprised when you said "A" pecan pie until I continued to read and you said more desserts were coming. LOL 1 pie definitely won't feed 29 people. Well I look forward to seeing your feast pics. Love you guys, GOBBLE GOBBLE!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOOKING FORWARD TO TURKEY DAY, TOM & FAYE

    ReplyDelete