Wednesday, February 29, 2012

I Was Challenged

Hello,

Recently a friend, whom we will just call "J.R." he knows whom I am referring to, challenged me to come up with recipes from left overs.  I am always up for a challenge!! The problem is of course when I come up with ideas I forget to document them either with a picture or by writing down what was in it.  So the other night I had to come up with a quick dinner and had no idea what to make.  When I went into the refrigerator for the millionth time I saw that I had some steamed shrimp left over and decided I would do something with that.

"Shrimp Pasta"

Sorry it isn't on a beautiful plate, we had already began eating when I realized "OMG I should take a picture of this because "J.R." has challenged me!!  So I ran to the kitchen and snapped a picture in the pot.  I know tacky, but I got it!!

So the left overs are the steamed shrimp that I removed all of the tails from.  In a frying pan I added a little olive oil, large strips of peppers (color of your choice) and red onion.  I added garlic and crushed red pepper flakes to the veggies.  While I am sauteing the veggies I start cooking the spaghetti pasta in salted water.

"Shrimp Pasta"
Don't over cook the peppers, but once they become limp I added some frozen peas, fresh lemon and the cooked shrimp.  Since the shrimp are already cooked you only have to warm them.  If you over heat the shrimp they will become rubbery.  No one likes a rubbery shrimp!!   Once the pasta is finished drain and toss with olive oil Parmesan cheese and squeeze in some fresh lemon juice.  "Watch out for seeds" Now combine both items and blend well.  Taste for salt and flavor and add more red pepper flakes, salt, or cheese if you would like.  Once I put the meal on the plates I topped them with extra Parmesan and crushed red peppers to those that like it SPICY!!

Enjoy,

Mo
PS:  "J.R." Be on the look out for more ideas from left overs I have not forgotten our challenge!!

No comments:

Post a Comment