Friday, March 2, 2012

Its Lent.... Have Shrimp

Hello,

I know not everyone does Lent, but I thought it was a snappier title.  Much better than "Shrimp"!!  Well like usual I got creative last night.  I had just finished peeling 5 lbs of shrimp with the thoughts of steaming them for shrimp cocktail.  That idea soon passed with a little inspiration.  A bag of already chopped onions and a large container of whole garlic cloves.  I decided to make some garlic shrimp.  You will be surprised where inspiration comes from.

"Garlic Shrimp"
I was told they were very very good!! I had to take the words of three others who wanted "seconds and thirds", word for it.

So first peel and de-vein (remove the gross part on the back of the shrimp).  I won't say exactly what it is, its not very appetizing.  Okay moving on.  I left the tails on, but you can remove them if you would like.  With 5lbs of shrimp I used about 1 large chopped onion, 5 garlic cloves rough chopped and 1 1/2 lemons.  So you can guesstimate for the amount of shrimp you have on hand.

In a large frying pan add olive oil about 3 tablespoons or enough to saute everything without sticking.  Get the pan hot without smoking add your chopped onion and garlic.  Saute these items for about 3-5 minutes.  Meanwhile salt and pepper your dry shrimp.  Once your onions are done add the shrimp and keep stirring.  I didn't want the shrimp to over cook some and not the others so I kept stirring.  "No One Likes Rubbery Shrimp".  Once the shrimp are done remove it from the stove top and squeeze in fresh lemon juice.  Keeping an eye out for those pesky seeds.

I was surprised the great smell that this recipe gave off !! I hope you will enjoy them as much as the ladies at my job did sampling them for me.

Enjoy,

Mo

No comments:

Post a Comment