Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Roasted Potatoes

Hello,

Sometimes when I am at work I want to come up with something NEW!!  This happened last night.  I needed a potato dish and it came to me.  I have no name for my newest creation, but they turned out better than I thought.  First I like to use red skinned potatoes whenever I want a roasted potato dish, but any potato will roast. 

It is always best to clean and cut your potatoes.  Nothing is worse than eating something that looks so delicious to get an unexpected "CRUNCH"....... dirt.  "YUCK!!"  So if you don't feel like cleaning your potatoes I would recommending stopping right now and go to a pasta link or even ordering out. 
Well it looks like you are willing to take the proper steps in preparing this dish so lets begin:
"Clean and dried potatoes"
INGREDIENTS:
LARGE RED SKIN POTATOES
OLIVE OIL
PAPRIKA, SALT & PEPPER
GARLIC (FRESH OR DRY)
ONION POWDER
CHEDDAR & MONTERREY JACK CHEESE MIX
CILANTRO & CHIVES



(Roasted potato with cheese)

 Choose large red skin potatoes, cut them in half and wash them.  I like to use warm water because it helps loosen up the dirt.  Preheat your oven to 450F degrees for a conventional oven or 400F degrees for a convection oven.  While the potatoes are drip drying in a colander mix in a separate bowl olive oil, garlic, onion powder, paprika, salt and pepper.  (Add cayenne pepper if you like a spicier flavor) 

(Roasted potato with cheese)
Mix the spices and potatoes together on a cookie sheet place the potatoes white side up and roast for about 15-20 minutes or until done.  Stick with a fork and if they are done sprinkle on top of each the cheese mix and return to the oven for 2 minutes until it melts. (Add chopped jalapenos beneath the cheese if you rather have a spicier potato).

Remove from the oven and careful place your hot potatoes on a platter and sprinkle them with cilantro and chives.  These potatoes would be great served with a piece of steak or chicken. 

I hope you enjoy.  These can be changed to your liking either with spices or a different cheese.  Let me know if you change it up.

Mo

3 comments:

  1. These were very good. Will repeat again and see how they will be with a little spice.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Mo,

    If I see a recipe I would like to try, is there a way to print it out?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi,
    I don't know how your computer is set up but when I right clicked on the page I can highlight the areas I want to use and print that. If you would email me I can email the recipe to you of your choice if it doesn't seem to work for you.

    Mo

    ReplyDelete